Faculty of Humanitarian and social sciences
Tel: +7 (495) 434-32-66
founded in 1996 (after re-organization of the Historical-philological faculty)
more than 2500 students
more than 250 teachers, among them 1 corresponding member of the Russian Academy of sciences, 22 academicians of various public academies of sciences, 66 full professors, 118 PhDs.
Dean – Vladimir Anatolyevich Tsvyk, Doctor of philosophical sciences, professor.
In the framework of the general faculty research program «Globalization and multiculturalism» 10 international conferences «Dialogue of civilizations: East – West» have been held since 1992. The conferences united scholars from all the continents, more than 10 monographs and collections of articles devoted to current problems of cooperation and intercivilization interaction have been published.
The faculty follows traditions and makes use of experience accumulated by the departments during the existence of the University, meanwhile successfully introducing new principles and educational technologies.
Modern scientific and technologic innovations are employed in teaching: all classrooms are equipped with multimedia devices; two computer classrooms with laptops and interactive boards have been opened; two classrooms for conference interpreting have been created; exclusive software for conducting research has been purchased.
The faculty maintains close ties and cooperates with universities in France, Germany, Spain, Czech republic, the USA, Canada, China, Egypt, Syria and Iran. PFUR students participate in academic exchange with universities-partners and research centers worldwide. It helps them not only improve professional skills and master foreign languages but also facilitates adaptation to the modern world.
Main field of research
Globalization and multiculturalism.
Lines of study
• History (oriental and western sections)
• Sociology (oriental and western sections)
• Philosophy (oriental and western sections)
• Political sciences (oriental and western sections)
• Arts and the Humanities
• International relations
• Philosophy of science
• Social communication today
• Philosophy: dialogue of cultures (joint Master’s program: Shandong University (China) – PFUR)
• Philosophical comparative studies
• Russian history of XIX – XXI cc
• History and dialogue of cultures (joint Master’s program: Pierre Mendez Franceuniversity Grenoble-2 (France) – PFUR)
• History and culture of oriental countries
• Modern tendencies of the history of Russia and China: comparative approach: (joint Master’s program: Shandong University (China) – PFUR)
• Comparative history of civilization and security issues
• Sociologic theory: history and modern world
• Sociology of management and social management
• Methodology and methods of studying social problems of modern society
• Strategic analysis, modeling and planning of social and political activity
• Political issues of globalizing world
• Parliamentarism, law-making and budgeting policy
• Political management and election technologies
• Political issues of European integration (joint Master’s program: Institute of political research Bordeaux IV (France) – PFUR)
• Corporativism as innovative form of relations between government and business
• Political issues of international relations and global development (joint Master’s program: Shandong University (China) – PFUR)
• Public administration – political sciences (joint Master’s program: Pierre Mendez France university Grenoble-2 (France) – PFUR)
• World policy: conceptual base and intercultural interaction
• World policy (joint Master’s program: Beijing Institute of foreign languages (China) – PFUR)
• Arts and the Humanities
• Public administration
Postgraduate studies: 13 specialties
5 Doctorate and PhD dissertation councils
Forms of study: intramural, intra-extramural (evening), extramural, second degree courses